Tuesday 13 March 2012

Update

Lee has been editing the footage while I have been away and e-mailed me several drafts over the past few weeks. I am extremely pleased with the material so far. Some credits have been added and the original ending has been removed, which I think was a wise decision. I am disappointed that I could not be there for the start of post-production but am glad to be for the remainder. The footage only needs a few tweeks and a soundtrack which will hopefully be finished by 23rd March.





I kept my titles simple as it seems to be a convention of the genre to have simple white text on a black background, with a fade in and out effect. I used Ariel Black font and they each last 4 seconds. I also used the soft focus effect again on these titles which loses effect in the middle, in the same way the film title does.




This is my film title, shown 5 seconds into the movie. The text was created on Photoshop then imported to FinalCut. I then added 2 effects to the text, earthquake and soft focus, which simultaneously lose effect in the middle of it's duration to make the text clear to read. The clip is faded in and out to black to make the movie smooth, keeping with conventions of the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment